Nv Beauty Boutique is in no way affiliated to An Knook, we just love her looks
Eye Makeup, shades and blending | Pink News Beauty TutorialsBy Kalleigh Sharp
What you’ll need:
- Eye makeup primer
- Colour Palate (from a drugstore or makeup store such as MAC) with soft, light, neutral, shimmer, bright and dark colours.
- Eyeshadow Shield or tape
- Clean, small, Beauty Blender
- Clean eyeshadow brushes (6-11)
- Black Liquid or gel eyeliner
- White pencil eyeliner
- Fake Lashes and glue
Eye Makeup Tips:
- When holding your eyeshadow brushes, you’ll have more control when you hold the brush closer to the brissles. For a more natural look, don’t hold the brush too close to the brissles unless you’re applying a dark colour.
- Clean all brushes before use
- Prime your eyelid Apply a neutral or skin tone primer to the eyelid Why? This will make the colours stick and remove any blemishes
- Tape or Shield Apply an Eye shadow Shield or tape under the outer corners of your eye Why? This will protect your foundation from any loose eye shadow that falls off your face
- Base colour Apply a soft, light, neutral colour under the arch of the eyebrow and cover most of the eyelid. Why? A light neutral colour as a base makes transition of colours and blending easier. It will stop your eye makeup from looking choppy
- Inner corner Apply your lightest colour, white or shimmer at the inner corner of the eye. Why? Applying a light colour on the inner corner has the effect of opening the eye and looking awake and fresh
- Shimmer Apply a bright shimmer, pearl or popping colour on the center of the lid. Why? It’s best to apply the main colour to the center of the lid and to leave the corners for darker or lighter colours.
- Layer Take a darker colour, bronze or darker shade to the outer corner of the eye. Hold the brush closer to the brissles for dark colours. Take a second dark colour, a shade or two lighter then the darkest colour and lightly apply it on top to blend. Blend by pulling the colour towards the mid eye and towards the outer corner of the eye. Why? Adding darker colours create dimension
- Finish with some Sparkle! Apply a dab of sparkle to your makeup brush and dab on top of the center of your eyelid for a final touch
- Eyeliner Begin creating a cat wing liner with liquid eyeliner or a gel eyeliner.
- Finishing up Remove Eye shadow shield or tape. Apply a small amount of concealer under the wing of the eyeliner where the eye shadow shield/ tape was. Blend with beauty blender
- Begin the bottom of the eye Using a thin, flat liner brush, apply the 2nd darkest shade (same shade used as the top) to the bottom of the eye. Apply the darkest shade (same shade used as the top) underneath the bottom of the eye. Only apply these colours from the center of the pupil towards the outer corner of the eye. If you want to, you can also add a pearly colour for a pop in the same spot
- White Liner Apply the white pencil liner on the bottom lip of the eyes Why? This creates a more open eye look
- Lashes Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes followed by fake eyelashes on the top lashes.